- Responsible for generating and maintaining the bill of materials for all the ongoing projects.
- Using corporate ERP system (SAP), create prototype inventory/purchasing plans, based on preliminary drawing from the engineering team and for different stages/gates of the project.
- Drive the procurement of the parts with the cross functional teams and ensure that it arrives as per schedule.
- Responsible for the establishment of material and process schedules to support new product introduction and prototype builds driven from project management schedules.
- Creates schedules for parts for all running projects and suppliers (MRP call-off purchase orders), to match project requirements, ensuring that material and resources are effectively used. Re-analysing and adjusting schedules as necessary to ensure the optimal flow of work with consideration for project requirements, manufacturing capabilities, and material and manpower constraints.
- Identification and implementation of cost reductions.
- Drive supplier intervals to meet CommScope initiatives
- As part of a cross functional team
- Participate in India supplier selection process,
- Participate in determining what products should be subcontracted,
- Evaluate new contract manufacturers with quality, procurement and engineering, with increased emphasis on lowest total cost to CommScope and build competitive advantage for the company
Interface with materials management for proactive supply chain issues