Engineer II, Quality
Verna - India
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive! In this "always-on" world, we believe it is meaningful to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world's most sophisticated networks - the connectivity we build. Our experienced employees are rethinking the purpose, role and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration.
We are looking for a Engineer II, Quality to be located in Goa.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handling Customer Complaint Independently.
- Create PFMEA, Control Plans and Quality Inspection Plans.
- Work closely with the NPI team to understand the new products CTQ and controls for ensuring handover from NPI to Mass production.
- Work with design/development group-Provide input at design reviews, participate in drawing change request reviews.
- Certified Black Belt for a reputed training and certification institute / Organisation.
- Monitoring Process yields & conducting process capability Study – (CP/CPk Study, SPC, MSA. etc)
- Lead Six Sigma projects to reduce scrap, Rework and Inspection cost.
- Conducting internal audits based on TL9000
- Coordinate customer inspection or 3rd party inspection process and documentation.
- Capable to face customer Audits independently.
- Support the manufacturing process by:
- working closely with operations and process engineer on process enhancement projects.
- Recognise customer expectations and implement (or promote) appropriate procedures/awareness to ensure BU satisfaction.
- Have ownership for controlling and ensuring root cause analysis and preventive actions are implemented.
- Create and present appropriate quality measures.
- Strong Auditing skills on system and process.
- Mentor the Orange belt project teams.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Conduct / Participate in meeting with global team members.
- Deploy methods and tools to monitor the process capability at process stages.
- Have ownership for controlling and ensuring root cause analysis and preventive actions are implemented for Customer Notification and Product Notification
- Participate in Material Review Board – preventive actions.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
Education & Experience
- BE / B. Tech, M. Tech in related curriculum such as Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic & Telecommunication) with min 8+ years of experience.
It’s not very often you get a chance to connect with something extraordinary.
Driven by a collective sense of integrity, we are on a quest to ensure our lives, homes, and businesses are empowered by the world’s most sophisticated networks.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future!
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring