Engineer NPI Process
Suzhou - China
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
NPI Process Engineer (Fixture Design)
- Engaging in early design reviews to support design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for automation (DFA) with R&D team
- Interacting with design engineer to ease handling / positioning / fixture of antennas for automation
- Design and develop jigs and fixtures for testing & manufacturing & sub-assy/core-assy automation process
- Design and prove-in fixtures for other required antenna assembly process
- Make mechanical design based on requirements independently, including 3D model, 2D drawing, testing, debugging and improvement
- Develop component specifications, inspection methods, bills of materials and manufacturing processes
- Create & Revising and Releasing tool / fixture drawing in SAP
- Communicate with other function teams, such as R&D team, production team, headquarter engineering team, purchasing team, etc.
- Soldering fixture design for wave soldering, selective wave soldering and reflow soldering process
- Educational background:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in mechanical engineering or related major, Master Degree is preferred.
- Competence and skills:
- Be familiar with plastic parts and metal parts designing
- Rich experience in fixture design.
- Initiative, self-motivated and team player
- Be familiar with CAD, Solidworks, SAP
- Good command both in spoken and written English and Chinese
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring