Engineer II, NPI Process
Suzhou - China
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Early Involve in product development process for concept / manufacturability review, risk assessment, new process evaluation, definition and validation.
2. Engage in engineering prototype building to define initial manufacture process flow, identify tools / fixtures need, draft preliminary working instructions.
3. As project leader to drive preparation of NPI including pilot duration / schedule, material preparation, tool/fixture preparation and design, BOM/Drawing review, testing setup, performance tuning, online testing for trouble shooting, initial training to NPI technicians / Operators.
4. Organize pilot run and production simulation, routing time counting and line balancing, verify and continuou improve yield and efficiency, define yield / efficiency target for mass production.
5. Closely working with design engineers to address identified manufacturability / yield issues, drive for results.
6. Working with quality engineer and team to issue / revise DFM/PFMEA/PFMEA/Control Plan/Inspection standard.
7. Perform new product production readiness review, including new part localization / qualification, mass production training plan, tool / fixture / equipment readiness, BOM/Drawing/ECR/ECN/WI readiness, Testing setup readiness review.
8. Lead technicians and on-line trainers to execute training plan to mass production lines.
9. Follow up with first mass production, identify issues / risks and improvement plans, hand-over with production PEs.
10. Leading cost reduction project to meet the PIP goal.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above in mechanical / electrical or industrial engineering or relevant professions
2. More than 5-8 years’ experience in NPI or production / process engineering
3. Familiar with new product development / new product introduction process
4. Know 6 sigma concept and able to use effective tools to solve problems
5. Good skill for trouble shooting, systematic and logical
6. Good written and oral English
7. Team player, diligent and result oriented
8. Good skill for project management as NPI project leader
9. Familiar with SolidWorks, AutoCAD
10. Familiar with RF product test
11. Short period business travel over sea for production transferring
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring