Sunnyvale - California
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn, and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role, and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment, and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Our RUCKUS Networks Business Unit is a pioneer in the wireless and wired infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and service. We are looking for someone to lead engineering for our entire networking portfolio.
How You"ll help us connect the world:
A strong candidate embodies modern engineering practices and has an exceptionally strong foundation in engineering culture and process driven solutions. This leader must have demonstrated a high level of cross functional collaboration given the large number of stakeholders. Experience in delivering reliable, secure and scalable, complex networking solutions that interact with Cloud based services will be critical for success. The role will require experience leading large teams and working on a product line with significant revenue goals used in business-critical customer environments.
- Lead global engineering teams and multiple product lines for networking devices - WiFi Access Points, Campus Switching & Routing, and Edge
- Partner with team members in product management and engineering on product strategy.
- Lead a 250+ member geo-diverse engineering team to deliver products and features with quality and predictability.
- Represent Ruckus with customers to evangelize technologies, drive innovation and drive features and products to market.
- Identify, and implement/influence improvements - process, product, culture.
- Grow and mentor technical and management talent.
- Exceptional people and leadership skills, with the natural capability to earn respect from development and engineering teams. Ability to empower people, instill accountability and achieve results
- 15+ years in management, along with 5+ years with leading senior management leaders at Directors or above. Experience leading faceted teams of 150+ desired.
- 10+ years of work experience in developing controller/gateway software for wireless networking platforms
- Strong Project Management skills and ability to implement a Product Roadmap to spec.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, mentor and teach engineers and managers.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
You'll excite us if you have:
- Leading geo-diverse teams and agile development model
- Excellent technical abilities along with strong business, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with major [technical] architectural transformations and/or building new products ground up.
- Experience on L2, L3 networking, security, SD-WAN/SASE
- Experience with cloud native architecture/technologies (Microservices, KubeEdge, K3OS)
Why RUCKUS a CommScope BU?
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at email@example.com. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring