Product Line Manager Fiber Optics
Shakopee - Minnesota
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are looking for an inspired, energetic and inventive professional to join our Fiber Optic Business Management team.
What to expect
As a Product Line Manager, you will play a meaningful role in the management of our advanced fiber optic connector and adapter portfolio. This will include the identification and development of products satisfying new customer needs as well as the day-to-day maintenance of existing product portfolios. The ideal candidate for this role will have some technical experience and the ability to work well on a team. Engineers with an interest in business management are strongly encouraged to apply. This position can be located in our Shakopee, MN or Richardson, TX facility.
You Will Make an Impact By
- With the support of your manager and other PLMs, you will handle the entire life cycle of a large portfolio of products
- Research competitive products and uncover customer needs by attending trade shows, monitoring market-specific publications and communicating regularly with our sales teams
- Participate in technology and product development roadmap planning
- Support the launch of new product development projects working with other functional teams to appropriately prioritize and staff those initiatives (including, but not limited to, Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, Quality, and Operations)
- Collaborate with other PLMs to create business plans, cost targets, pricing guidance and channel recommendations for new products
- Actively participate in the new product design and development process by sharing voice of customer (VOC), data on competitive products, and lessons-learned from previous development initiatives
- Advise the Operations team on product demand information including ramp timing, volume and demand location
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to create promotional materials and raise customer awareness
- Support the PLM team in monitoring the revenue and profitability of specific products of the larger portfolio from global, regional and market-specific perspectives
- Evaluate product performance relative to the market and recommend changes to reduce cost, improve lead time, improve product performance, revise promotional strategies and eventually end-of-life the product
Required qualifications for Consideration
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years product or technical experience
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with a globally distributed team to complete initiatives critical to our business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven track record to communicate effectively in a technical environment and to non-technical audiences
You’ll Excite Us If You:
You have team leadership experience and have worked with fiber optic connector and adaptor products
You will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the Company’s Annual Incentive Plan.
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring