5G Systems Architect
CommScope is looking for a 5G Systems Architect in Richardson TX
Job Description: As a member of the Systems Engineering team you will involve in defining detailed technical requirements and to achieve continued architectural and quality excellence in our 5G active antenna products. This is a highly technical position requiring in depth technical engagements and detailed integrative designs beyond just high-level concept approaches.
- Work with Product Marketing team and customers to converge on product requirements.
- Work with Engineering teams to define detailed Engineering requirements and system-level design, as well as providing architectural expertise and guidance.
- Perform theoretical analysis, simulations and define algorithms for current and future features of our LTE and 5G mMIMO products.
- As the Program Technical Lead, interface with customers on all technical matters of lab trials, testing and deployments.
- Engage with customers on explaining technical details of our products and propose solutions for customer specific requirements.
- Work with cross functional teams and lead technical activities for customer trials and deployments.
- Work with verification teams on devising and reviewing test plans.
- Propose new, creative solutions for tough, system-wide problems.
- Produce white papers and technical documents for customers and for internal teams.
- Review and provide feedback on technical documents written throughout the organization.
- Continually evaluate, influence and advance internal design efforts to improve product development processes and ensure carrier-class quality.
- Participate in industrial forums and standard bodies and represent CommScope objectives.
- Participate in academic conferences.
Required Education and Experience:
- Ph.D in Electrical Engineering or a related field with 6+ years of industrial experience, MS with 8+ years or BS with 12+ years.
- Broad knowledge of systems engineering concepts (definition and analysis for requirements, performance, capacity, availability, reliability, scalability, etc), include antenna array design/test, mMIMO radio design/test, beamforming and OTA test.
- Good working knowledge of calibration of beamforming networks. Proven ability to work with Software and DSP teams to optimize mMIMO systems.
- Deep understanding of LTE and 5GNR modulation as well as 3GPP standard to characterize massive MIMO systems over-the-air.
- Strong theoretical background in wireless communications.
- Demonstrated ability to mathematically analyze complex problems and to propose solutions for complex problem with considerations of performance, scalability and accuracy.
- Expertise in simulation techniques and tools
- Expertise in network protocols and architecting networking aspects of a carrier-class platform
- Demonstrated leadership in building technical consensus across varied, interdependent groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale systems a plus.
- Experience in analyzing and responding to market requirements, RFIs, etc.
- Experience with system level testing and performance evaluation of wireless systems and familiarity with related tools.
- Standards contribution and participation a definite plus.
- Practical experience with designing the 5TH generation wireless solutions a definite plus.