Heliax Quality Engineer
Reynosa Tamaulipas - Mexico, Reynosa - Mexico
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s crucial to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, magnificent connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow
Hiring now a HELIAX Quality Engineer based in Reynosa, Tamaulipas.
How You'll Help us Connect The World
Vision, Strategy and Goals:
The HELIAX Quality Engineer is a member of a team, the role of which is to implement a unified approach to Quality in Integrated Structures with the intent to deliver high quality products and services in a manner that meets the high standards held by CommScope. The person must be a champion of Quality to both internal and external clients. They will use new methodologies and ways of thinking and be able to resolve the natural differences that exist in an organization.
Ensure that CommScope’s customer experience is based on product and service excellence thus assuring customer satisfaction.
Provide input into long term (3-year) Business Unit Quality strategy.
Work to achieve a shared vision and shared goals with the Business Unit.
Constantly strive for a cultural balance of quality and speed to support Integrity of Design, Product & Agility in the Business Unit. Create productivity due to quality improvement through strategy deployment into appropriate BU, design, NPI and operations level Quality goals and objectives.
Monitor execution of goals & objectives to assure success for the business. Be a champion for Quality Matters (i.e. CommScope’s Quality Principles). Developing creative ways to ensure quality is seen, heard, felt, and transferred.
Be an integral partner with other departments (e.g. CI, Automation, R&D, PLM, etc.) Promote cross functional utilization of Continuous Improvement tools and to encourage effective communication of ideas, feedback, and concerns from all levels of the organization.
You Will Excite Us If You Have
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be an evangelist for key Quality initiatives that drive Business Excellence.
- Support development of a Right First-Time design and production philosophy while looking for opportunities to drive inspection and test out of the product(s).
- Ensure customer quality performance targets are met through continuous improvement of our design, development, and operational quality techniques. Tailor corporate QMS (Quality Management System) requirements to the BU for the most efficient and effective implementation that ensures our quality principles are maintained.
- Lead and develop an international Quality team in a growing BU to enable high quality product development in a time-sensitive delivery environment. Focus on using proactive quality tools and methods (examples: FMEA, DFM/A) to drive a build-in quality approach for the BU. This includes leading the Goa Reliability Center.
- Assure Engineering and Manufacturing follow all corporate change control processes, including PDP (Product Development Process), PTP (Product Transfer Process), ECN (Engineering Change Notifications), TDA (Temporary Deviation Authority) and associated risk assessment activities.
- Assure product quality through standard work from incoming raw material, through to shipment & delivery of finished goods.
- Create through constant assessment a skills base of problem solvers within the business through development, mentoring, training, and coaching.
- Work with the Green Belts and Black Belts, as well as the Continuous Improvement team to utilize appropriate tools, such as Lean, Six Sigma, VSM to reduce waste, reduce variability, improve processes, and identify and mitigate risks.
- Assure effective auditing programs are in place, including: Corporate system compliance audits. Production Process audits. Customer required audits.
- Driving effective corrective actions by collecting all audit non-conformances in the local corrective action systems and handling for timely closure.
- Assure corporate quality documentation is adhered to.
- Assure appropriate quality documentation is developed, documented, issued, controlled, and adhered to, whilst not conflicting or diluting corporate procedures.
- Assure effective training processes are deployed so that all employees are trained in the required skill sets to effectively perform their job duties and assure product quality.
- Assure frequent review of business metrics to identify: Drivers to Product Related complaint reduction. Drivers to reduce Service complaint rates. Drivers to Major Quality Events.
- Areas needing appropriate focus and action.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- A completed bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality Engineering, or Engineering Management required with a minimum of 10 years’ experience with a minimum of 5 years in Quality Management, preferably within a multi-plant manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of basic and advanced Quality tools such as; TQM, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poke Yoke, etc.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TL 9000 Quality Management System Standards.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all design, operational and functional areas and across international/cultural boundaries.
- Ability to lead change.
- Ability to manage mid-level managers at multiple locations, including sites around the world involving differing cultures, languages, and customs.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred
- International travel will be required in this position.
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables groundbreaking discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at email@example.com. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at https://careers.commscope.com/eeo.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring