Engineer, Should Cost
Old Goa - India
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
- Utilize cost methodologies, software to produce cost estimates inclusive of engineering, procurement, mainly focus on Mechanical Assembly, Molding and Sheet Metal cost model;
- Deliver and maintain standard, consistent and realistic cost estimates for each Category, BU or Site Procurement;
- Manage Estimating Data- Support process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information;
- Perform scenario comparisons and uncertainty analysis and sensitivities on cost estimation, provide support for the cost breakdown structures, estimates and cost analysis;
- Support the Procurement group’s negotiations using Should Cost tools as a technical expert and join the negotiations.
- Design the data flow structure by BI report, show the global spending data via different perspective: region, BU and Category;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electronic/ Industry Engineering.
- 5+ years of Manufacturing/Process experience in the fields of Mechanical/Electronic/ Computer preferred.
- Experience in Programmer/Materials/Purchasing or Integrated Supply Chain business processes is a plus.
- Experience in digital factory, digital twin is a plus.
- Very strong analytical skills coupled with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office tools and ERP systems.
- Prior familiarity with Should Costing Software and CAD is a plus
- English: Fluent
- Can work flex hours for meetings with teams in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring