Job title : Cost Accountant
General Summary : Ensure accurate update of costs on day to day basis. Timely updates of IE Info records, source list, etc. Provide support for all Month end activities including GIT & Assessment Cycles. Support the department in completing all Audit responsibilities and prepare all records and reports in a timely manner. Work as back up as & when required. Analysis of Costs & Variances, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run report for Purchased Parts With Standard Cost = 0 and update the standard cost for the same.
- Run Report COST/CST51 - Invoiced Materials with No Cost Estimates.
- Update the costs as per the CMX requests received on timly basis.
- Liase with the planners for update of Inter entity Source list and Purchase Info Records.
- Preparation of list of MID's to be costed for the year.
- Prepare list of materials to be sent to Planners if "SPK" is not defined for identification of Source or getting planned price details.
- Track and update the PIR file maintained by ANZ planning team.
- Confirmation of freight & Duty rates from Warehousing Team.
- Compare and analyse the current standards with the previous ones for major variances. Reasons for variances to be recorded.
- Create Costing run and update the planned price and release the std cost.
- Compare the current standard vis a vis new standard and provide explanation for the variances.
- Working out the standard to standard release as per the corporate guidelines.
- Based on the BO report (Plant IQR Report), work out the provision required for E&O from time to time.
- Goods In Transit review; Compare the BOT report and the SAP GL’s for Tax Uplift on GIT and make any true up entry with detailed workings.
- CGS Split for the revenue.
- Production variance Analysis.
- Inventory reconciliation & FG Clearing.
- Run Z0 report for the revaluation.
- Review Cost Center report for the additions of CC.
- Run the Assessment Cycles for Profit Center allocations & other G&A Allocations.
- Ensure that all the check reports are clean after the assessments are run.
- Fx run and Check the P&L & TB and ensure that there are no OOB.
- Prepares complex monthly journal entries and other supporting schedules to enable the month end process to be completed accurately and timely.
- Maintains and reconciles accounting ledgers and verifies that costs are allocated accurately.
- Requests and consolidates budget information from management to be used in annual and quarterly financial plans.
- Assists in the planning of annual physical inventory, performs test counts on the day of the physical inventory and participates in the reconciliation of book to physical. Participates in the annual physical inventory.
- Efforts to reduce costs significantly and savings for the company. Any other duty as assigned by the management.
- Assist in preparation of the MIS reporting and distribution to the management.
Qualification : Preferably B.COM/ICWA (Intermediate/Final preferred)
Experience : Preferably 3+ years of experience in Costing / Accounts
- Working knowledge in areas of Costing Accounting and finance.
- Working knowledge of various methods of costing.
- PC proficiency including utilizing Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as experience using an ERP system and accounting/ finance related software.
- Ability to analyze business conditions.
- Ability to define problems, research/collect and analyze data.
- Strong written/ oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both general accounting & cost accounting.
- Pro-active team-player who will enforce corporate policies and procedures. Oriented with the ability to see the big picture.
Fluent written and verbal English.