Application Developer, BI
Designation:-Application Developer, BI
Business Analytics application developer develops ETL and reporting solutions as per the requirements. Developer ensures that data reliably loads from various sources into the warehouse. Responsible for developing users’ interfaces that enable business to analyze the data through Analytical tools and dashboards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with the source system analysts to understand the business process, data relationships, and windows available for data extraction.
• Program, test, implement and maintain any data extraction programs necessary to extract the data from source systems and move to the data warehouse.
• Develops business universes (semantic layer for ad-hoc reporting), reports, dashboards, and other business user facing analytics solutions.
• Work with security team to secure the data.
• Work with the System, Database, and Application Administrators to ensure that application performs within the defined performance parameters.
• Populate and maintain the metadata repository with up to date technical metadata such as data sources and transformation rules applied.
• Adhere to the organizational development process and standards.
Gain in-depth understanding of Business functionality, benefit and purpose of the assignment.
Qualification and Experience:- Preferably Bachelors in related curriculum with 1-5 years of experience
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
• Experience in data analysis using SQL/PL-SQL.
• Experience in ETL tools such as BODS, Informatica, and DataStage, etc...
• Experience in Reporting tools such as Business Objects, Cognos.
• Familiarity with data modeling techniques