Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The essence of our human experiences is through communicating. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. In this "always-on" world, we believe it's crucial to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world's most advanced networks - the connectivity we create.
Our expert employees are rethinking the purpose, role, and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment, and simplify migration. From sports arenas to state-of-the-art data centers - we provide opportunities where you can innovate and build while growing and developing your career. Come connect to your future.
We are currently recruiting for an Account Manager for an opportunity located in the Detroit, MI area.
What to Expect:
This is an individual contributor field sales role, responsible for selling CommScope products, services, or solutions into the region. We are looking for someone to prioritize the sales and customer relationship process to meet assigned financial objectives; including achievement of product sales/solution sales goals. Additionally, you may recommend the selection and development of distributors and other customer types in respective regions in order to achieve continued growth in the marketplace and support the achievement of company financial objectives. Must be located in the greater Detroit, Michigan area or willing to relocate to the area.
You Will Make an Impact By:
Primary Contact / Style of Contact:
- Develops account relationships at an executive level, as well as leads the ongoing customer account relationships with the sales contributors. Resolves customer issues and partner concerns.
- Coordinates with the account managers to assess key decision-makers’ needs and understands customer’s business, technology, and product requirements to develop a plan of action to meet customer needs. Works with business unit leaders in support of customer needs and opportunities.
Primary Job Focus:
- Ensures that appropriate internal resources are engaged to participate in sales activities and close sales opportunities. In alignment with the key account strategic account plans, formulates, develops, and implements business and sales action plans at the tactical level to achieve financial goals for the assigned geographic or account team.
- Responsible for revenue and demand forecasting, account planning, project planning, and other administrative tasks to grow financial objectives. Responsible for expense management for assigned region. Provides information and reports to educate management of sales progress and success
- Coordinates with sales contributors to assess market opportunities and develops business plans to meet revenue objectives. Supervises the territory analysis and planning to enable appropriate allocation of time to accounts and customers. Develops recommendations on growth, opportunities for growth, and key target accounts
- Motivates and advises salespeople to support CommScope’s strategic sales objectives (i.e., new product sales, new customer acquisition, etc.). Provides leadership, mentor, and counseling for all associates in sales concepts, principles, and practices. Recruits, hires, trains, and develops proficient sales personnel consistent with business needs and CommScope’s human resources policies.
Role in the Sales Process:
- Handles the execution of the complete sales cycle, from prospecting and qualifying sales leads, to coordinating sales activities and required resources for solution development negotiating and closing.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- A High School Diploma and 5-8 years related experience.
- Validated experience supporting and participating in team sales initiatives where applicable by assembling and communicating pertinent information for assigned accounts.
- Outstanding customer-facing and presentation skills
- Experience owning the full sales cycle.
- Ability to establish and champion positive relationships with existing customers and grow existing revenue streams.
- Confirmed enterprise sales experience with a deep understanding of enterprise sales methodology.
- Willing to travel as needed within the region.
You Will Excite Us If You:
- Have a completed Bachelor’s Degree.
- Have familiarity with CommScope and our product set.
- Carry a high aptitude of social intelligence.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.