Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Intern Systems Engineer
CommScope, is seeking an Intern Systems Engineer (SE) for the Enterprise Organization.
The position of Systems Engineer will perform technical demos, proof of concept trials, technical training, provide best practice design input and review, solution focused selling, and deliver presentations for customers, partners, prospects and events assigned to the SE organization.
The successful candidate will be a proficient self-starter, with good technical skills and great communication skills.
Intern SE Job Responsibilities:
- Understands the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of the business
- Rotates through our Systems Engineering divisions to learn from them and collaborate to the group objectives.
- Accepts designated projects to research, propose ideas and solutions, as well as designated tasks by the Senior SEs in the group.
- Learns and becomes proficient on CommScope Enterprise Solutions (Infrastructure and Ruckus Networks).
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn on a mix of self-paced online training as well as in person coaching from senior peers.
- Ability to communicate both written and oral, on technical terms.
- Computer programing/scripting experience (Java, JSON, Python, HTML, XML)
- Bilingual (Spanish – English)
- Have coursed Data Networking classes at college (or external) with acquired knowledge of IP Routing and Switching.
The following knowledge is not mandatory but will be considered as a plus:
- Structured Cabling Systems
- WLAN RF technology and Wi-Fi standards 802.11
- Security authentication methods and products, RADIUS, AD, etc.
- Virtualization environments/deployments, VM installations, (any of VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, GCE, Azure, AWS), etc.
Undergraduate, within the last year of an engineering career in the areas of Computer Science, Electronics, Networking, Information Technology or Electrical.
Bilingual English-Spanish (written and spoken)
Prior industry experience is a plus.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.