Lowell - Massachusetts
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
CommScope is a global innovator in broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win…and that drives everything we do!
How You’ll Help Us Connect The World
The UX Designer plays a key role in helping CommScope to meet and exceed our customer needs. Some of the core responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain detailed UX designs and specifications for data-rich, highly interactive products across the product suite
- Design user scenarios, interactions and workflows through mockups, prototypes, wireframes, storyboards etc.
- Create a sophisticated and intuitive user experience taking the business requirements and technical constraints into consideration
- Interact closely with a globally distributed team of developers and stakeholders to see the design through implementation.
- Work within the established brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce the brand’s identity.
- Collaborate with other designers on the broader organization to learn and share common UX practices.
- A bachelor's degree in design, interaction, or equivalent experience
- An online design portfolio
- 5+ years of experience in UX design
You will excite us if you have:
- Strong proficiency in one or more visual design programs such as Creative Cloud, Sketch, Figma, Photoshop etc.
- Ability to design simple and elegant experiences that scale across a sophisticated suite of products.
- Proven expertise in crafting large-scale web and mobile based B2B applications with minimal direction
- Experience guiding and influencing development teams on design decisions and trade-offs by developing a shared understanding
- Capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects and deadlines efficiently
- Ability to ideate rapidly, incorporate feedback from stakeholders and iterate the design accordingly
- Familiarity with the latest design trends across web and mobile platforms, and ability to adopt modern techniques as appropriate
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring