Lowell - Massachusetts
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. In this "always-on" world, we believe it's essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world's most advanced networks - the connectivity we create. Our expert employees are rethinking the purpose, role and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From sports arenas to state-of-the-art data centers - we provide opportunities where you can innovate and create, while growing and developing your career. Come connect to your future.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
As a part of our small cell NPI team in Lowell MA, this senior electro-mechanical technician role will support prototype for new product development and new product test development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Identify and assemble test equipment needed to support engineering test and DVT of wireless products and subassemblies. Perform testing and assembly of prototype PCBAs and RF Communication Systems.
- Build prototype circuits, modify printed circuit board assemblies, construct test fixtures, and build test cable assemblies.
- Support assembly, calibration, and testing of engineering evaluation units and DVT units. Rework of electronic modules includes replacement of integrated circuit devices using standard hand soldering techniques and modification of these electronic modules per specific instructions.
- Order and maintain lab test assets needed for prototype test, engineering test, and DVT.
- Use lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, modulated signal generators, network analyzers, and RF power meters for performing RF measurements. Testing RF active circuits such as amplifiers, filters, oscillators, mixers etc.
- Assist in the documentation of manufacturing and testing methods and procedures. Support model fabrication, assembly, tuning, and design prototyping. Modify prototypes, parts, and assemblies.
- Operate fabricating equipment including but not limited to hand soldering tools, drill press, and related hand tools.
- Fix and repair problems in completed assemblies and modify as needed. Troubleshoot electronic problem area to understand cause and remedy problem.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced environment, acquire engineering parts for development and assist with Shipping/ Logistics activities when needed
- Completed high school diploma with a minimum of ten (10) years direct experience. Experience in assembly and rework of surface mount RF electronics circuit cards and good soldering skills.
- Experience in making RF measurements using spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, power meters, and vector signal analyzers. Knowledge of basic RF test techniques for gain, return loss, phase noise, ACLR, EVM, and other transceiver parameters.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and Cisco/Ruckus switch configurations
- Experience in reading schematics and troubleshooting circuits without supervision. Writing work instructions and test reports using Microsoft Office tools including Work, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
YOU WILL EXCITE US IF YOU:
Have a completed Associates Degree or Certificate in Electronics.
In today’s always-on world, we are pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping future networks. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, flawless connectivity, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow. Our upbeat work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate while growing their careers. We flourish with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring