Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Ruckus Networks is seeking a Channel Partner focused Systems Engineer. Primary territory will be Indiana and Michigan. The Partner SE works as a team, along with business partners to design and sell Ruckus networking solutions. Primary responsibilities will focus on channel partner development and enablement for all Ruckus Channel Partners in the territory. The position of Partner Systems Engineer will perform technical demos, proof of concept trials, technical training, provide best practice design input and review, solution focused selling and positioning to all levels of decision makers, and deliver presentations for customers, partners, prospects and events. The successful candidate will be a proficient self-starter, with strong technical skills and industry knowledge, excellent communication skills with history or experience as a customer or partner facing Systems Engineer. Possess a working knowledge of the Ruckus wireless and wired portfolio and related technologies.
- Pre-sales engineering design, Bill of Material creation, sales opportunity engagement, and technical training individually or in larger group settings
- Identifying and driving the development of a Channel Partner territory account plan based on awareness of the business economics and trends of the industries including vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business
- Have a working knowledge of Ruckus Networks wireless, wired and software products
- Act as a technical advisor to Channel Partners with the ability to differentiate and competitively position Ruckus products
- Assist the Partner Account Manager in driving revenue and selling solutions to obtain quota goals
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- A proficient understanding of pre-sales engineering and sales processes to include critical account management
- Ability to communicate both written and oral, on technical solutions to a variety of audiences that may include executive level decision makers
- Advanced understanding of partner business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform, including identification of improvement areas in network design
- Working knowledge of SE technical skills; specifically, 802.11 a/g/n/ac/ax, CBRS & LTE (a plus) wireless design and assessment, wireless troubleshooting, wireless network optimization, IP routing and switching WAN/LAN design, configuration, troubleshooting, Layer 4-7 application services, security authentication methods and products, RADIUS, AD, Virtualization environments/deployments, VM installations, (any of VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V, GCE, Azure, AWS), etc.
- Working knowledge of the following areas of specialization: VLAN; Security; VoIP; QoS wired/wireless; BYOD/MDM; PtP; Mesh; Wireless Controller Architectures; Wi-Fi protocols and transmission, RF engineering, Indoor and Outdoor wireless deployments; Packet Capture/Analysis Tools; WLAN Security in the areas of Authentication, Encryption, RADIUS/AAA, EAP/PSK, and Active Directory; RF polarization and Antenna signal propagation behavior.
Experience with the Ekahau Pro heat map and site survey applications is preferred
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/BA minimum) in Electrical, Computer, or Networking Engineering; Computer Programming; Information Technology; Management Information Systems; Computer Science; Mathematics
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working with IP/Wireless technologies
- A professional level networking industry certification is preferred.
- Ability to support troubleshooting of complex problems
- Effective technical presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Ruckus Networks is looking to add individuals who are self-motivated who can work both independently and as part of a team.
Must live in Indiana or Michigan or be willing to relocate. Relo assistance is not available.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : Indiana || United States : Michigan;United States : Indiana : Virtual || United States : Michigan : Virtual