Lead Service Desk Analyst, IT
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Position Title : Lead Service Desk Analyst, IT
Job Location : Hyderabad
To manage the performance of Level 1 services and support to clients and ensure that service levels are achieved. To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring that assigned staff are meeting and exceeding expectations for performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements. The Service Desk Supervisor will be responsible for working with the entire Service Desk staff to ensure that end users are receiving appropriate assistance, and to ensure objectives are met for their assigned shift; This position is responsible for supervising staff resources and executing procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end-user requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of all Service Desk functions. Coordinate the escalation of issues related to the support of CommScope users and systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate effective shift turnover of all in-flight issues from incoming and to outgoing shifts
- Effetively dispatch issues escalated hierarchically from assigned staff; escalate issues that cannot be resolved through normal functional escalation to management in a timely and crisp manner
- Create effective user experiences and satisfaction for users by overseeing an assigned shift for a 24x7x365 US-English-based service desk
- Ensure that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours by managing shift staffing schedules, etc.
- Undertake HR activities as needed, including new Analyst onboarding and performance management
- Act as an escalation point where difficult or controversial calls are received
- Produce statistics and management reports
- Represent the Service Desk at meetings
- Arrange staff training and awareness sessions
- Liaise with senior management, other Service Desk supervisors, Service Desk L1.5 Analysts, and Tier 2-4 personnel as required
- Perform briefings to Service Desk staff on changes or deployments that may affect volumes at the Service Desk
- Assists Service Desk Analysts in providing first-line support when workloads are high, or where additional experience is required
- Efficiently handle user and user device demand for Service Desk services, which include incident handling, service request fulfillment, standard change handling, Service Desk knowledge management/learning, support for problem management, critical incident handling and service continuity, Service Desk service level management, reporting, review, participation in audit, staff and ticket quality management, staff training and development, and continual improvement; act as an hierarchical escalation point for Service Desk Supervisors and L1.5 Analysts for issues that cannot be handled by normal functional escalation. Escalate issues that could significantly impact the business to higher-level management in a timely, crisp manner as needed.
- Develop and mature assigned Service desk people, processes, tool and information
- Ensure service levels are achieved in line with service level agreements and that customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Assist other Service Desk staff and Tier 2-4 groups in gaining operational efficiencies Service Desk services, process and tooling by shifting-left user and endpoint demand, by analyzing tickets, and working to reduce the number of tickets entering the system, and ticket MTTR, through proactive endpoint management/self-healing, instantiation of self-help options that improve the user experience as compared to Service Desk Analyst-assisted help, and through workflow automation
- Provide clear points of contact across Service Desk Tiers 0-1.5 for Tier 2-4 personnel, for effective communication and collaboration on both work execution and improvement, across functions, processes, and tools, both for work items originating within the Service Desk, and for those coming from Tier 2-4
- Work with other Service Desk Supervisors and the Service Desk Manager to manage assigned workforce for operational efficiency, through forecasting, scheduling and performance management, and by scaling resources up and down to meet the demand curve
- Participate in working to continually improve Service Desk services and service levels and user satisfaction over time, as circumstances, business needs and what technology makes possible changes; work in sprints with Tiers 2-4 to each improve continuously within your respective scope, as services and service levels and demand and the resources required to meet them change over time, and drive change together with Tiers 2-4 as a dynamic partner
- Participate in work with Tiers 2-4 in an agile way to continually improve services, service levels and the user experience and satisfaction, as the target environment supported, business needs, and what technology makes possible change, through agile service improvement projects, and through continual learning, automation, and practices and technology innovation
- Train, coach and mentor assign Service Desk staff, including career development to ensure positive retention and succession planning
- Work with the Service Desk Manager to establish plans and mitigations for all key risks to the Service Desk, including knowledge loss and DSAT through undesirable attrition
- Work with the Service Desk Manager to agree, implement, monitor and manage service/business/experience level agreement and KPIs for all Service Desk services and processes, and to set expectations, measure performance, and manage expectations
- Establish and manage effective user and Tier2-4 feedback channels, and use the f feedback to improve services, tools and support experience
- Facilitate the adoption of new and changed processes, tools and technologies within assigned Service Desk staff, and by users
- Participate in governance structures, escalations at agreed cadences, including those related to improvement, innovation, technology adoption, innovation and compliance
- Manage all activities related to the staffing and operation of the Service Desk
- Lead, coach and manage teams on a daily basis to improve customer service, efficiency, and technical aptitude
- Maintain day to day service desk operations; accountable for overall adherence of defined SLAs and ensure team commitment of outlined key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Direct staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving client issues at the Tier 1 and Tier 2 level, and escalating appropriately to the Tier 3 level as needed
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identifies problem areas, and devises and delivers solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generates statistical reports
- Continually improve best practices and service desk processes to provide exceptional customer service and deliverables
- Enforce adherence to standard operating procedures
- Establish and implements policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with company/customer objectives
- Manage support resource requirements, including personnel, software, equipment, and facilities and makes appropriate recommendations to management
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Provide managerial, technical leadership, and coordination to IT Service Desk personnel
- Present and manage metrics and key performance indicators
- Document IT Service Desk processes and ensure processes are kept up to date
- Resolve escalated customer issues
- Resolve daily issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall business objectives
- Oversee and establish best practices involving the team monitoring, prioritization, and assignment of requests
- Ensure that requests are attended to in a timely manner, escalated as appropriate, and closed with proper documentation
- Provide support to the user community by managing trouble requests to the Service Desk and communicating with users via ServiceDesk tools such as the ITSM ticketing platform, email, and telephone
- Identify areas for improvement
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with the customers with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Participate in daily operations standup and reviews
- Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
- ITIL® Foundation Level Certification (or equivalent), including knowledge and experience implementing ITIL best practices in an organization of similar in size, scope, and complexity as CommScope, including: incident management, service request fulfillment, standard change management, Service Desk knowledge management/learning and development, support for problem management, critical incident handling and service continuity, Service Desk service level management, reporting, review, participation in audit, staff and ticket quality management, staff training and development, and continual improvement.
- ServiceNow training and certification (CIS, CAD, CAS, and CSA or equivalent), including strong knowledge and experience with all modules that are central to the work of the Service Desk, including key workflow automation, orchestration and integration, and knowledge of use cases that create the great ROI.
- Experience with current Service Desk-related tools, preferably those used by CommScope, including experience with CTI/AVR/ACD, e.g., Cisco Finesse, Bomgar, UX/Endpoint management tools (like NextThink and MS Endpoint Manager), emoji-based EX tools (e.g., HappySignals)
- Strong reporting, presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to execute strategies, communicate and coordinate work efforts across IT teams, develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization, and to manage large scale projects.
- Ability to use statistical analysis methods to define, write, and run reports that measure performance against SLA’s and stated goals.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Experience working as a team member in a global, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in managing vendor delivered services
- Experience in managing in a matrixed organization and supporting a large-scale IT environment with WAN and LAN technology, preferably in an international, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to manage major projects within the organization and have a wide understanding of technology solutions
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, analytical abilities, detail orientation, quality focus, and problem-solving skills, as well as a broad knowledge of business functions and information technologies
- Experience in related field including Call Center, Customer Service and/or Help Desk Operations
- Knowledge in key areas such as workstation support tools, common workstation applications, workstation hardware, network connectivity, MS Windows platforms, MS Exchange/Outlook, smart phones, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Capable of developing written processes and procedures
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Effective spoken and written English language communication skills with ability to impart ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Distinct customer service orientation with strong sense of ownership to effectively resolve open issues
- Strong team spirit with ability to work both in local and virtual team settings
- Desire to learn new skills and to extend knowledge into new technologies as required
- Occasional travel to regional offices, seminars and training
- Occasional evening and weekend work
- Sitting and operation of a computer for extended periods of time
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.