Procurement, New Product Sourcing
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
This position will be located in either Horsham, PA USA, Suwanee, GA USA or Saltaire, UK. They will be responsible for the development and execution of strategies to leverage relationships within and across the CommScope Home Networks business to achieve best total value. The individual will represent the cost management function throughout the design, development and launch of new consumer premise equipment, and will work closely with Engineering, Marketing, Procurement, Supply Chain and external manufacturing partners. The Category Managers role is expected to perform complex and time sensitive tasks, both strategic and tactical, with a high degree of skill based on their technical knowledge and skill, their knowledge of trends in the market, and high ethical standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Business focused with the following responsibilities:
- Works in partnership with Engineering functions, Procurement, Marketing and manufacturing partners to launch products at best in class pricing.
- Develop costing models for Home Networks product designs and be able to articulate cost drivers and tradeoffs of alternate proposals.
- Central point of contact within the organization for project development status and costing.
- Participate in and contribute to formal Design and Project Reviews.
- Develop documentation and requirements to support negotiation and manufacturing launch with external partners.
- Build cost models to validate commodity strategies and understand cost drivers.
- Analyze global material acquisition and develop strategic plans for maximizing efficiencies and maintaining a high quality of customer service.
- Demonstrate accountability and knowledge on competitor analysis, market, benchmarks, legislation and drivers of key commodities and technologies for their business.
- Lead source selection process for NPI programs, using existing preferred suppliers and/or new technology leaders.
- Prepare evaluations for senior team to justify supplier selections.
- Negotiate commercial agreements such as Commercial Supplier Agreement.
- Develop and provide expert-level category knowledge, with knowledge of the supply base and global market (pricing and best practices).
Related Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related curriculum such as Engineering or Supply Chain
- 3-5 years related job experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Supply Chain.
- 3 - 5 years minimum in Consumer Electronics hardware development and new product introduction required.
- Background in Bill of Materials development and hardware cost management.
- Ability to work globally with internal and external partners.
- Must have strong cultural sensitivity to manage relationships with people from all cultures.
- Establish and leverage relationships across many organizations, countries and cultures.
- Must be skillful at influencing decisions and opinions, negotiating, and building consensus.
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation who can operate with minimal supervision.
- Open personality that is naturally curious to learn yet very focused on essential activities.
- Demonstrated history of a team player in cross matrix organization.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership qualities to deliver results.
- Travel @ 20%
- Understanding of Consumer Electronic Products and trends, Retail business model, Cable TV, DOCSIS and/or Telephony technology is a plus.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.