CHS Operations Manager
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
The Manager, CHS Operations directs and implements the Cloud Hyperscale Solutions (CHS) business unit`s operations activities, strategies, and objectives to ensure the achievement of business unit goals. Takes the lead to drive operational improvement activities in support of project teams and owns schedules and budgets, taking into consideration the team member input. He/she manages and ensures critical processes within the company for replication or transferring of product manufacturing, tools, and processes globally. Engages with internal stakeholders to turn projects into series products within the constraints of timing, product requirements, profitability and budget (cost).
The Manager, CHS Operations is fully accountable to a functional manager and/or colleagues for his/her projects. Incumbent is required to provide leadership within the project team, responsible for execution of development projects per documented procedures and in line with agreements/contracts within the core team and overall business unit strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Initiative Team Leadership:
- Define and lead teams in completing high-value operations initiatives that support business unit goals. Accountable for all initiative project phases, deliverables, schedules and activities.
- Management of all project activities, driving decision-making, and executive reporting deadlines.
- Ensure common understanding within a cross-functional team with regards to objectives and goals.
- Achievement of all Plant Transfer Process (PTP) guidelines.
- Influence team members and functional resource managers to get results
- Recognize team strengths and weaknesses utilizing cross-functional team members to complement each other
2. Project Accountability:
- Management of project budget and cost requirements.
- Monitoring of project forecasts and corresponding impact to project justification.
- Accountable for detailed work plan of each project phase and ensuring completion of agreed upon deliverables by the team.
- Resolution of staffing/resource issues together with functional managers.
- Project tracking relative to project contract with executives and internal stakeholders.
- Lead and coach project teams in the use of peer reviews, team meetings, requirements workshops and tools to mitigate costs, risks and schedule.
- Minimize exposure and risk on projects through contingency planning and risk mitigation.
- Identify key issues and make the best choice of all alternatives with team input
3. Coordination with Leadership and Management:
- Requests and is responsible for project budgets.
- Resolves project and functional conflicts.
- Manage expectations
- Escalates issues/barriers to management that cannot be readily solved by the project team
Qualification & Experience:
Total Experience should be 10+ years.
- Associate’s degree in a related technical curriculum, business or communications with 8-12 Years project participation, 3-6 years project management experience.
- Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as mechanical engineering, physics, or other technical degree with 5-8 Years project participation, 1-3 years project management experience.
- Master’s in related curriculum such as mechanical engineering, physics, or other technical degree with 2-5 Years project participation, 1-3 years project management experience.
- PhD in related curriculum with 1-2 Years project participation, 0-2 years project management experience.
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
- Associate’s Degree and working toward bachelor’s, and/or greenbelt, PMP, other certification program required
- Exposure to financial data and financial indicators
- Developing influencing and communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Developing skills in leading, forming, influencing and managing teams
- Good judgment and timely decision-making skills
- Developing ability to effectively manage both horizontally and vertically; communicating with all management levels in the organization
- Initiator/motivator; pro-active attitude and a sense of urgency
- Drive to get results
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in written and verbal form
Strongly Desired Skills/Experience:
- 1-5 years’ experience in a similar industry preferred
- Experience with design of fiber optic products used in Enterprise and Carrier markets per international and Domestic standards (TIA-EIA-568B, GR-326, etc)
- Experience with project management applications like Microsoft Project
- Experience with cost reduction projects and/or dealing with quality issues
- Understanding financial and technical feasibility and how they can impact opportunities
- Understanding of all business processes and functional areas that contribute to successful project execution
- Competent negotiator with willingness to engage in constructive conflict
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.