Solutions Architect (Remote)
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to continued growth and customer demand, we are recruiting for aqualified Solutions Architect to joinour team based either in New York, NY or Atlanta, GA. Other states may be considered for the right candidate.
As the Solution Architect for our Ruckus CBRS product line, you will be the primary point of contact for all technical activities for several named accounts. You will possess expert knowledge of RF, LTE and IP network design and performance principles. You are equally comfortable in a lab test and field trial environments as you are in front of C-level account executives. You will create, execute and document test plans, as well as help guide product requirements. You will work closely with engineering, business development, sales, and customer support to ensure that Enterprise and Service Provider market and customer needs are met along with business unit revenue targets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Lead test activities in lab and field environments.
- Support Business Development to drive new Ruckus CBRS initiatives and footprint.
- Interface across business unit for feature requirements, product escalations and roadmap alignment.
- Support sales teams in achievement of revenue goals.
- Perform as a dedicated resource to a named account that can be leveraged to other activities as needed and dictated by territory priorities.
- Test, document, and present results from test activities.
- Integrate, test, document and deliver methods of procedure for common and novel customer use cases.
- Travel about 60% of the time depending on customer activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent professional experience required. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Five (5) plus years LTE or other wireless data system experience required.
- Ten (10) plus years internet and networking experience.
- Pre-sales System Engineering background.
- Knowledge of common tools and best practices for site survey, RF design and IP network design and performance validation (e.g., iBwave, Planet, iperf, TNSS, IXIA, etc.).
- Some knowledge of Linux and Linux tools.
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise and service provider networks, including other networking elements of their environments (e.g. EPC, switching and routing equipment, firewalls, Wi-Fi, and applications).
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring