Strategic Sourcing Specialist
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
CommScope is a global innovator in broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win…and that drives everything we do!
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join our Juarez, Mexico Team.
What You'll Be a Part Of
This role is responsible for carrying our broad assignments involving the sourcing of meaningful items, requiring extensive or specialized knowledge or experience. Works with the site Operations team to ensure that sourcing strategies are aligned with site requirements. Develops both current and future sources of supply supporting the overall supply chain strategy. Negotiates contracts where losses occurring through errors in judgment would involve a large dollar amount. May provide work leadership and train lower level buyers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Sources complex direct materials (e.g. die castings, inection moldings, metal fabrications, PCBAs, electronic components) with suppliers that are capable of meeting the service, quality, NPI and cost requirements.
• Identifies categories for strategic sourcing agreements and conducts cost/price analysis for all products under their jurisdiction with emphasis on high dollar and sole source situations. Establish negotiation strategies.
• Work to find opportunities for cost reductions in support of annual cost reduction objectives.
• Ensures that all sourcing is based on negotiated competitive bids as submitted by qualified suppliers and in alignment with Should Cost targets (where available).
• Maintains positive working relationship with supplier base and owns the regularly scheduled Business Reviews with suppliers. Continue to analyze and assess the adequacy of our supplier base for each category and to develop additional sources of supply where deemed advantageous.
• Some travel will be required with this role.
• Where applicable, please refer to the Company's "Schedule of Authority" in order to identify approved spending levels.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or related.
• A minimum of 5 years of procurement or relevant experience.
• Proficient in English Language (written and spoken).
• Must have or is actively securing a certification in the procurement area (like C.P.M. or CPIM).
• Extensive knowledge of product line under procurement.
• Must have knowledge of all product lines and associated manufacturing processes under area of responsibility.
• Has experience of at least 5 major procurement categories/commodities.
• Experience in purchasing technical commodities requiring close interface with engineering.
• Successfully proven negotiation skills.
• Well versed in cost/price analysis techniques.
You Will Excite Us if you Have
• ERP Experience (SAP preferred).
• Professional Purchasing Qualification.
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at email@example.com. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo