Manager, Strategic Sourcing
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Help us transform process into progress into performance!
CommScope is a global innovator in broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win…and that drives everything we do.
How You'll Help Us Connect the World
This role has overall responsibility for supporting the site procurement teams across CommScope facilities with the development of supply chain strategies that are aligned with the needs of the BU and Operations teams, driving a consistent approach to Procurement that shares best practice. Ensures that the supply base is being proactively led in terms of performance as well as identifying risk in the supply chain and implementing mitigation actions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contributes to the development of Site Procurement Strategies that ensure alignment to BU and Global Ops strategy across the sites
• Ensures processes are in place for the management of supplier performance as well as ensuring Supplier Business Reviews are held with all key suppliers.
• Assist in negotiations for with global suppliers (both in region and multi-national).
• Delivering on Cost Reduction Plans and feeding the future savings funnel, rolling 12
• Developing local vendor base NPI support, where required by the site.
• Ensuring supplier contracts are focused on mitigating risk and reducing inventory/lead-time while leading stock liabilities with suppliers
• Leverage material purchases to provide a distinctive difference between CommScope and its competitors.
• Improve cash flow by extending supplier payment terms and increasing raw material inventory turns.
• Conducts detailed cost analysis of components, applying ‘Should Cost’ data to drive to the lowest cost.
• Generate and analyze RFQ/bid proposals. Includes understanding and carrying out total cost of ownership analysis, risk analysis, supplier interviews, supplier selection, supplier site audits, supplier qualification, cost negotiations, establishing contracts/non-disclosure agreements and ongoing strategic supplier development.
• Continuous improvement of processes and systems.
• Ensures the all CommScope policies and procedures as they relate to this role are adhered to all times.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
• Bachelor’s Degree in related area
• 8+ years experience in procurement or meaningful experience.
• 5+ years experience in management position.
• Proficient in English Language (written and spoken).
• Demonstrate capability to lead a cross functional team and project management skills.
You Will Excite Us if you Have.
• Professional Purchasing Qualification
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at email@example.com. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo