Manager - Business Operations Australia
Campbellfield - Australia
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The Business Operations Manager will be responsible for the management of Indoor Cellular Networks (ICN) technical pre-sales, strategy, review of supplier/customer contracts, set price strategy in the region, execution of projects, and coordination of product delivery with operations personnel in Australia.
You will Make an Impact by:
- Effectively managing the local Business Operations team
- Managed pre-sales, tendering and business development activities in the region
- Conduct analysis and provide technical inputs on specifications/features for new product development based on customer requirements, technology trends, competitive advantages, etc.
- Manage project/service delivery to achieve contract requirements and other relevant targets such as safety, quality, budget
- Identify and develop new initiatives in improving the engineering work efficiency
- Work closely with the local sales team to develop ICN market strategy
You will Excite us if You Have:
- Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with min 12 years of relevant working experience
- Team management experience
- Knowledge of all platforms and protocols in mobile communications
- Knowledge of DAS and Small Cell products/solutions
- Strong written and oral communications skills will be required to make presentations to various levels of upper management/Engineers/Customers
- Excellent PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products along with knowledge and proficiency using SAP would be a plus
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines for the project/business requirement
- Able to work in a Team based environment
- Competencies: Manage Complexity, Drive Results, Collaborates, Interpersonal Savvy, Nimble Learning, Business Acumen, Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Time Management, Integrity and Trust.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring