Manager, Sales & Marketing
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a Manager, Sales & Marketing to join our team.
CommScope is a global innovator in IP, video and broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to create entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
As the Manager of Sales & Marketing you’re responsible for driving the strategy and business development and marketing efforts for current and new products that support the Cable Exchange (CEX) revenue generating activities. You will lead a sales team that is tasked with selling customized assemblies to fit exact solutions to suite the clients needs. Having experience selling fiber and copper cable assemblies will be key to success in this role along with demonstrated experience of leading a performing sales team. Reporting into the VP of Business Management – Cloud Hyperscale Solutions you will be responsible for creating, leading and executing on the organizations strategic account plan, manage to the forecast processes with the business unit, while collaborating across CommScope’s LOBs to align the offerings. This individual is expected to prepare and present executive updates to the business leads and executive team. They will also be responsible for working closely with the Account leaders across the Sales organization to develop and maintaining executive level relationships for key accounts. As a manager of other sales and technical sales professionals, you will be required to provide leadership and career develop guidance to employees within their organization. You will utilize your engagement skills and ability to maintain executive relationships to drive cross-functional alignment with business units, operations and corporate functions within CommScope.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for managing a team that drives top line rev multiple product projects from customer requirement phase, to commitment, to account management.
- Strong understanding of P&L Management and forecasting for all revenue streams.
- Manage a cross functional team that works directly with technical personnel to develop product cohesiveness in a trusted advisor relationship.
- Define a sales strategy to position CEX as a separate entity in the market space and The quick turn enabler of CommScope
- Define and implement Sales processes, KPIs and compensation scheme
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to continuously refine our sales strategies
- Manage all customer product portfolios (roadmap. specification, cost and pricing)
- Will work closely with the account team to help develop a business strategy and help drive technical decisions that support the business goals.
- This position will be responsible for interfacing with multiple business units to gather assistance and commitment for product development that will lead to positive outcomes of the business strategy.
- Responsible for managing relationships and communications with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Sets and defines marketing schedules, collateral, branding, website, and coordinates with colleagues, sponsors, media representatives, and other professionals to implement strategies.
- Develops sales strategies and approaches for various products and services, such as special promotions, sponsored events, etc.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of customer facing telecommunication experience, preferred fiber and cable assemblies.
- A minimum of 5 years experience sales
- Experience leading team, direct reports
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- This person shall have experience planning and executing product certification testing by working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate teams to achieve goals that positively affect a successful business strategy.
- Strong Microsoft Office and other business tool skills.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.