Be Aware: Job scams and internet fraud are increasing. Learn how to recognize and avoid job scams.
Category Manager - Plastic Molding
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Help build the networks of next!
Due to growth and increased customer demand, CommScope is looking to add an experienced Category Manager - Plastic Moldings to join our global procurement team, this role can be based in the UK, Central Europe or North America.
How You'll Help Us Connect the World
Reporting to our Senior Director of Procurement, you will develop and execute category strategies for Plastic Injection Molding and Plastic Extrusion/Pultrusion with an estimated annual spend of approx $150million. The role will entail building effective working relationships with internal partners and suppliers and be part of a collaborative team to source, confer, implement, and handle strategic agreements.
Your ability to influence senior partners and work across technical data-driven teams will be highly utilized. Here, you will be responsible for all aspects of the sourcing process including finding opportunities, understanding business requirements, conducting market assessments, identifying potential suppliers, and negotiating pricing and agreements.
We're a global leader that's as passionate about technology as you are! Driven by a collective sense of integrity, you will act as the subject matter professional and comfortable presenting to senior leaders and customers. In a collaborative effort, you will continually develop subject-matter-expertise, remain current on competitors, suppliers, pricing trends, and industry-standard methodologies.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing and category management, specifically Plastic Injection Molding and Plastic Extrusion / Pultrusion.
- Proficiency with world-class sourcing methods and tools with the expert ability in setting and conducting negotiation strategies with the capacity to drive cost savings initiatives.
- Expert talent to optimally interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management and ability to work in a global environment.
- Your strength is leading cross-functional initiatives with measurable results with outstanding leadership skills with the competence to influence without authority.
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
- A completed MBA.
- The ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance, and the associated measurement systems.
- Excellent presentations skills and the ability to engage at C level.
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire.
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit https://careers.commscope.com/eeo.