Senior Engineer, R&D
Bengaluru - India
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Position Title: Engineer, R&D (L1)
Work Location: Bangalore
We are looking for LTE / 5G Physical Layer Engineer, Specialized in Signal processing Implementation, Debugging and Algorithms Enhancement specializations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect and Define the System from Hardware, Software, Inter Layers Communication perspective and Performance Perspective.
- Drive the Architecture into realization, Validate and Take decisions on Hardware / Software Choices for Multi-Core / Multi-Processor, Processing splits, Performance, Latency Scalability aspects, Find the Alternate approaches for critical Customer or Field Issues.
- Design and Implementation of Layer-1 Software, Mixed Signal Software, RF, FPGA/ DSP Modules and Algorithms.
- Debug the field and Integration issues from algorithms, Design, Scalability and Performance point of view.
- Interface with cross-functional teams like Quality Assurance, Customer Support, System Engineering for the end-to-end product development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of 5G, LTE, LTE-A Specification, End-to-end Procedures
- Good understanding of LTE transmits and Receive Signal Chain Processing’s.
- Must be having 90% of the overall experience in the 4G broad band Layer-1 development.
- Good knowledge on Signal Processing concepts and EM theories.
- Good knowledge on Multi-Core and Multi-Processor hardware architecture, Interfaces and Implementation
- Good Knowledge on MIMO and AAS Systems.
- Good Knowledge on Test equipment’s like UE Simulator, VSA / VSG, Logic Analyzer and Network Analyzer.
- Good Programing skills in C, C++, assembly language and code optimization techniques.
- Good project management knowledge is added advantage.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring