Senior Engineer, R&D
Bengaluru - India
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Position Title: Senior Engineer, R&D
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop reusable tools for test automation and identify new methods for automation.
• Work closely with Architects, Tech Leads and Software Engineers to understand the automation requirements.
• Automate test cases with an established automated framework.
• Seek for continuous improvement in existing automation establishments.
• Define and adhere to defined automation coding standards. Contribute to quality of automation coding through peer review process.
• Develop and maintain test plans and test cases for automated feature list.
• Along with automation, create expertise in assigned platform component, product or feature area.
Related Education & Experience:
• BE/BTech/MCA with minimum 12 years of total experience
• ME/MTech with minimum 10 years of total experience
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in testing cloud based large applications, NMS/EMS, or any distributed backend software architectures
• Strong experience in web applications user interface and RESTful web services testing ( HTTP, HTTPS, REST APIs, and JSON )
• Expertise in Java programming and/or Python, Shell scripting required.
• Hands on experience of Selenium, TestNG, RestAssured,
• Experience with microservices architecture using Kubernetes and Docker containers
• Comfortable with build processes, CI processes and managing QA Environments as well as working with build management tools like Git, Bamboo, Jenkins.
• Good exposure to databases. Experience in writing and understanding DB queries. Experience to No-SQL DBs is a plus.
• Experience working in a virtualization, cloud and/or wireless telecom domain is a plus
• Development experience in java/J2EE is a plus
• Understanding of XML, XSD, JSON, REST and SOAP and demonstrated experience with web services APIs
• Experience of performance and scalability testing tools like Jmeter, Gatling, Locust is a plus.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring