Prncpl Software Engineer
Bengaluru - India
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
This role will act as the initial anchor position for our investment in an offshore DevOps team. We are looking for a highly dynamic technical person to help hire and lead this team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Perform cloud upgrades
• Perform cloud tenant migrations
• Prioritize and assign JIRA's to local team members. Provide tracking and accountability.
• Contributes to Python based automation.
• Understand our CICD pipeline an provides coverage in environmental support.
• Drives a focus on documentation and procedures.
This position is critical as it is accountable for the knowledge transfer to the offshore team as well as the throughput of tasks. This person will interact with senior management to accuratly portray the status/health of the offshore DevOps program
Strong fluency in Linux environments is a must.
• Good SQL skills.
• Scripting and/or programming skills and the ability to develop custom tool integrations.
• Integration between multiple systems using their published API’s.
• L2, L3, load balancer, routing and VPN configuration.
• Kubernetes, ISTIO (service mesh) configuration and management or related experience.
• Expertise using version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
• Configurating and maintenance of database technologies such as Cassandra, MariaDB, Elastic.
• Open source configuration of monitoring systems such as Nagios, Sensu or Prometheus.
• Configuration of log pipeline technologies such as ELK, FluentD, GROK, rsyslog, Google Stackdriver.
• Utilization of configuration management tools such as Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
• Strong understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware, Docker, Kubernetes.
Skilled at collaborating effectively with engineering teams.
• Ability to simplify complex situations and lead calmly through periods of crisis.
• Experience implementing and optimizing operational processes.
• Ability to provide technical direction, prioritize tasks to achieve goals, identify dependencies, report on progress.
• Excellent communication skills.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring