Principal Software Engineer
Bengaluru - India
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
What do we do @ Ruckus?
Ruckus is a Business Unit within Commscope, focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to enable our customers to communicate effectively and reliably, in real time, across the world. At the heart of global connectivity are the engineers who write innovative software for our award-winning routing and switching products to bring the information quickly and reliably where needed.
We built the 2019 CRN Product of the year – ICX 7850
According to CRN, “CommScope’s Ruckus ICX 7850 switch line is bringing more Gigabit throughput from the core to the edge of the network. The Ruckus ICX 7850 switches provide high-density aggregation with up to 100 Gigabit Ethernet as businesses continue their multi-Gigabit network growth”
Commscope Ruckus ICX team is now re-defining switching architecture and design with a move towards state sharing architecture and platform independent software that can run efficiently on multicore CPUs and on multiple networking ASICs.
What will you do as Principal Engineer at Ruckus?
Your core responsibility it to develop and deliver cutting edge technology for Ruckus’s customers. In the process of writing code and delivering new enterprise campus platforms and features, you will contribute to the whole life cycle including:
- Drive the design and architecture of the next gen ICX OS
- Write awesome code
- Train support community on features that you built
- Support customers in the field for technical issues
- Suggest new feature and enhancements
- Mentor team members
What do you need for this role?
If you have the right skillset for this exciting rare opportunity and have been part of such an experience challenging the status quo and designing high quality switching and routing software, you are coming to the right team.
Aptitude & attitude is most of what you need to be successful. Following qualifications will help:
- Strong fundamentals in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Thorough understanding of data structures, and real time embedded systems
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Fluency in C programming language.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, programming and trouble shooting skills required
- Working experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience Designing and Implementing Platform software on Network Switches/Routers with Network processor-based architectures, such as from Broadcom/Marvell using Multicore CPU and SMP.
- Expertise in Linux System programming and understanding of kernel internals for Memory management & DMA, I/O Management, Interrupts, and Bus architectures such as i2c, PCI and PCIe.
- Familiarity with Linux 2.6/3.x/4.x kernel internals and/or system programming
- Should be conversant in embedded software development tools and debuggers (Linux tool chain and utilities).
- Experience with Ethernet MAC-PHY Control & Status, Link Monitoring, familiarity with MAC/PHY drivers and developing generic PHY interfaces will be a big plus
- Designing Networking software systems including task architecture, control plane performance, platform infrastructure services – such as device communication, messaging services, debug infrastructure and memory and buffer management.
- Hands on experience in using Spirent/ixia/smartbits traffic generators.
- Proficient in software development tools (GDB), source code control environment (Git, Jenkins).
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Thrive in a team environment
- 12+ years of related industry experience developing system software using ‘C’ on Linux
Start-up mind-set -- Ruckus engineering team is a very proud pack with a never-say-die attitude, delivering bleeding edge technology, and winning against fierce competition.
Learning -- The best way to learn is to surround yourself with people smarter than yourself. A stellar engineering team like ours is just what you may have been looking for, to expand your horizons.
Innovation -- Innovating and out-innovating our competition is what keeps us going. We take pride in out-doing our competitors and being the first on the technology front.
Flexibility--Our engineering team enjoys the most flexibility in working hours as we believe in judging by contribution and not by hours.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring