Bengaluru - India
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Position Title: Manager Engineering, R&D
We are looking for an individual who is having 12 to 15 years experience in tecom domain preferably in 4G/5G enodeB/gNB testing for QA Technical lead / manager role.
Candidate should capable of leading 4G and 5G RAN features validation, leading technical staff, highly self-motivated, exhibits leadership, and has relentless desire for achieving results.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Identifying test strategy and test plan development for 4G and 5G nodeB/gNB product for end to end validation.
2. Provide leadership in definition of testing strategies for release features validation.
3. Preparation test plans as per requiremetns, customer requirements and 3GPP specs.
4. Preparing lab test setups and equipment need planning for end to end feature validation.
5. Execution of test plan in the lab environment and mimic field scenarios in the lab.
6. Leading technical staff of 8 to10 members team.
7. Track and prepare status report of testing activities like test testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
8. Ensure that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the Project teams/Business users and the Testing teams.
Related Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master's in related curriculum such as BE/Btech in CS /EC/Telecom with 12-15 Years of Related Experience
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
• Experience in LTE 4G, 5G enodeB/gNB testing.
• Strong knowledge in 5G and 4G air interface, call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
• Must have: Hands-on experience in LTE Access stratum protocols (MAC, RRC, RLC, and PDCP)
• Experience with LTE core system interfaces and protocols such as S1-MME, S1-U, S6a, S11, S5/S8, Rx, NAS, S1-AP, RRC, GTPv2c, GTP-U, SGs-AP is desired
• Working experience in LTE Mobility, SON, OAM, performance, soak and KPIs validation.
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
• Excellent Understanding of 3GPP standards
• Expertise in creating test plans for system level, subsystem level and feature level testing
• Experience in LTE UE simulators (Aeroflex,etc) , core network simulators usage.
• Understanding of Software development and testing Life cycle
• Good Knowledge in TCP/UDP, IP protocols and understanding of basic OSI model
• Good understanding of Wireless Operators end-end Network
• Good knowledge on QA & Test methodology and solution manager.
• Strong team player and out of the box thinker
• Trains team members on technology and project related aspects.
• Good appreciation of software testing engineering principles.
• Awareness to Agile process.
• Well versed with debugging tools - QXDM, QCAT, Wireshark, etc.
• Good log analysis skills to point out problem scenarios.
• Testing in Unix/Linux environment
• Automation experience preferred.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring