Engineer III, R&D 1
Bengaluru - India
Transforming the wireless industry is dependent on the strength of innovation. At CommScope, we recognize the role of technology in redefining the way that we live; it's why we're not afraid to take on new challenges. Our team of engineers, whether early in career or experienced, are committed to showcasing the power of CommScope innovation. From opportunities in software, electrical, quality or mechanical - we have positions that support our end to end technology. So what's it like to work with us? Find out how you can use your engineering skills to make your mark on the world.
- Full Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occassional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes for a successful Engineer at CommScope? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Why We Work Here
"I love working for CommScope because of the amazing opportunies for growth and development in the video (cable) marketplace, particularly as a female engineer. I am on the front lines of new endeavors for CommScope in the cable marketplace allowing me to advance my knowledge and expertise while still pursuing other opportunities."Christin Principal Technical Support Engineer
"I am excited to come to work because innovating is the core of what I do. Working towards next generation products in advanced technology and CommScope's ecosystem. Each day we are problem solving and it keeps me going."Jala Staff Support Engineer
"My background is in Physics. I love everything telecommunications. So for my job to be at the forefront of it and now have the opportunity to collectively solve wireless, wired, massive, private, and business telecommunication problems and develop new telecommunication technology in the process is an offer I could not pass."Norbert Software Engineer
"My job is rewarding to know that my work helps make other people's jobs easier and creates high quality products for our customers."Paige Manufacturing Automation Engineer II
"The best part of working at CommScope is the people that I work with; this is a place that all work together on the same goal to succeed."Troy Principal Test Engineer
CommScope offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success. Below is an example of the first few progressions you could have in your Engineering career.
Engineer leads to Engineer II.
Engineer II leads to Staff Engineer.
Staff Engineer leads to Senior Staff Engineer.
Senior Staff Engineer leads to Principal Engineer.
Principal Engineer ends this branch.
Life & Disability
Vacation & Leave
Specific benefits vary from country to country.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from
busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Position Title: Senior Engineer, R&D
We are looking for an individual who is having 8 to 12+ years experience in telecom software testing, preferably in 4G/5G enodeB/gNB protocols.
Candidate should be capable of leading 4G and 5G RAN features/system validation, debugging issues, analyzing the logs. Should have E2E knowledge and capable of guiding other team members.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Should be capable of carring out technical reviews and guide the team on technical aspects.
2. Should interact with cross functional teams on technical issues and track it for logical closure.
3. Preparing lab test setups and equipment need planning for end to end feature validation.
4. Execution of test plan in the lab environment and mimic field scenarios in the lab.
5. Should be capable of preparing the test plans as per requiremetns, customer requirements and 3GPP specs.
6. Should possess Problem solving skills and identify the issues with minimal effort.
7. Should be capable of tracking Test execution and report of testing activities like test results, test case coverage.
Related Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master's in related curriculum such as BE/Btech in CS /EC/Telecom with 8-12 Years of Related Experience
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
• Strong knowledge of 4G/5G RAN based on 3GPP standards.
• Experience in LTE 4G, 5G enodeB/gNB testing.
• Must have: Hands-on experience in LTE/5G Access stratum protocols (MAC, RRC, RLC, and PDCP)
• Experience with LTE core system interfaces and protocols such as S1-MME, S1-U, NAS, S1-AP, X2-AP, RRC, GTPv2c, GTP-U is desired
• Working experience in LTE Mobility, SON, OAM, performance, soak and KPIs validation.
• Experience in testing of advanced LTE/5G features like 256 QAM, Carrier Aggregation, MIMO, Beam Forming, LAA.
• Experience in testing NFV and cloud systems is desirable
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
• Excellent Understanding of 3GPP standards
• Expertise in creating test plans for system level, subsystem level and feature level testing
• Experience in LTE UE simulators (Aeroflex,etc) , core network simulators usage.
• Understanding of Software development and testing Life cycle
• Good Knowledge in TCP/UDP, IP protocols and understanding of basic OSI model
• Good understanding of Wireless Operators end-end Network
• Good knowledge on QA & Test methodology and solution manager.
• Strong team player and out of the box thinker
• Trains team members on technology and project related aspects.
• Good appreciation of software testing engineering principles.
• Awareness to Agile process.
• Well versed with debugging tools - QXDM, QCAT, Wireshark, etc.
• Good log analysis skills to point out problem scenarios.
• Testing in Unix/Linux environment
• Automation experience preferred.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Explore the Location
Get directions and see what's around our office.Start Exploring