Be Aware: Job scams and internet fraud are increasing. Learn how to recognize and avoid job scams.
Software Engineer (Android)
CommScope is a global leader in pay-TV and broadband technology, and we are looking for talented and passionate software engineers to join our professional services group who will help drive the advancement of digital TV technology. We have a reputation for innovation at the leading edge of the pay TV and broadcast industry. Our customers include cable, telco, satellite and IPTV operators from across the world and at CommScope you'll have the opportunity to influence the direction and build the future of digital TV.
How You’ll Help Us Build The Future of Pay TV
At CommScope we have an affinity for engineering principles and in this role you’ll have the opportunity to join an experienced team of software engineers working on the latest digital TV technologies and work on projects that could potentially reach millions of customers’ homes on TVs, mobile devices, and desktops. In this role you will be required to design (visually and technically), develop, and implement features as requested by customers and partners. You will also follow approved life cycle methodologies, create appropriate documentation, and write automated tests.
Candidates will comfortable working by themselves or as part of a small team. You will be expected to resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation and be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in Android development. A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Any Software Engineering academic qualifications or the equivalent professional experience.
• Android – In depth experience designing, developing and maintaining Android applications.
• Kotlin and/or Java – In depth experience developing and troubleshooting applications.
• Self-Starter – Proven ability to take ownership of demonstrable functionality from receiving requirements, development, unit test writing through implementation with a high attention to detail
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Nice to haves:
• Android TV – Experience designing, developing and maintaining Android TV applications.
• Google Assistance – Experience building applications that integrate with Google Assistance.
• Agile – Experience as a member of an Agile development team; actively participating in ceremonies to refine requirements, demonstrate functionality, and provide process improvements.
• DevOps – Experience configuring and troubleshooting build and development environments and tools, including experience with Jenkins, Git, and Gradle, or similar tools.
• Familiarity with set-top box platform interactions.
• Design, code, test, debug, document, build, maintain, and modify computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk.
• Design and implement new features and bug-fixes.
• Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
• Perform unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of implementation activities.
• Work closely with our partners to develop integrated solutions for our customers (new end to end systems and adding SDK’s into existing applications).
• Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Be involved in future product direction and development by collaborating with other members of the CommScope engineering and management team.
It’s not very often you get a chance to connect with something extraordinary.
In this “always-on” world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do. Driven by a collective sense of integrity, we are on a quest to ensure our lives, homes, and businesses are empowered by the world’s most advanced networks.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com/eeo.